In order to meet HIPAA related training requirements (including those related to the health and safety compliance question sets) individuals can complete their HIPAA trainings through the Emory Learning Management System (ELMS) and CITI modules. Below is a list of the Office of Compliance courses that are offered, an explanation of who should take particular courses, and how to access the courses.
HIPAA in a Hurry (Privacy) 
|Those who work with human subjects or who need to access patient protected health information|
HIPAA and Research (Research) 
|Those who perform research using personal identifiable health information.|
HIPAA Security (Security) 
|If you are required to take HIPAA in a Hurry (Privacy), or HIPAA and Research (Research), you must also take HIPAA Security (Security)|
|Health Privacy & Security Information||For Clinical Research Coordinators and Principal Investigators|
Instructions for Enrolling in the HIPAA Training Courses
- Go to elmprod9.emory.edu and log in using your Emory NETID
- The Self Service Screen will appear
- Select the "Find Learning" tile
- Use the search box at the top of the screen to search by course name or number:
- HIPAA in a Hurry (210001)
- HIPAA and Research (210002)
- HIPAA Security (210003)
- Follow the prompt to access the course
- Complete the steps below if you receive the following error message: "A duplicate enrollment has been found. This enrollment cannot be processed."
- Cot to the "Self Service" tile
- A List of your courses will appear
- Under the heading "Launch" click the blue re-launch button to re-launch the course
If you have questions, please call 404.727.2398 or send an email to email@example.com.